Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bacara

Andrew and I celebrated 5 years and Andrew's 32nd Birthday by a surprise night away to Bacara spa and resort. He arranged for mom and dad, allyson and tim to be on full Davis duty without leaking the exact location. We began the day having lunch as Los Olivos cafe and purchased an antique riddling rack, something we had eyed years ago. We continued our drive down and I began to tune in that he might be taking me to Bacara. I was so excited when we pulled up. We enjoyed tea while walking the grounds and then settled into our room. We had a fireplace with ocean view. So relaxing. It was nice to hear the Pacific ocean as we reflected on our wedding day a few hours north of there. Wonderful memories indeed.







View from our room



Bacara keeps some beautiful grounds. This succulent arrangement was in the courtyard of one of their buildings. I love succulents and hope to have the courage to grow them myself one day.






During their migration to Mexico, the monarchs stop and rest in the eucalyptus trees along the West Coast. Bacara's Christmas decor incorporated it so beautifully. 



We hope to return one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment