Saturday, August 27, 2011

'Say hello to my little friend'

Tante Allyson is conducting election observation in the Katanga province of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. I always knew she had a little 'bad boy' in her but, but this totally confirms it.
Allyson did explain that she was just wasting time and was invited by a UN security officer. Apparently this is a G36, the weapon of choice for the UN Security force.  Why not an AK47 you ask? "They're associated with terrorists." Right... and the G36 looks like a mere pistol. That's what 2 weeks in Africa will do to an attorney. HA! Either way, I think my mom will feel much better about her security if she's able to look at her daughter in this pic everyday until she's back on US soil.


2 comments:

  1. Allyson Dillinger. Good lookin' hat too. I love that Allyson is wearing a feminine pink blouse for the occasion! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...all my years of pacifism ruined in one morning at the range.

    ReplyDelete