Thursday, May 12, 2011

A visit from "Bob"

So, Andrew and I have quickly learned the dangers of living in the Desert. I've mentioned scorpions in our old home. I've driven to work where traffic came to a halt as a pack of coyotes crossed leaving the grocery parking lot of all places. I've attended a baby shower where we enjoyed coffee while watching a javelina eat his dinner in the front yard. Having moved into our new neighborhood, we have spotted a bobcat in our neighbor's yard and a very large king snake dead (thank goodness) in the street. Well, this morning we had our own special desert visitor. I spotted this object while having a snuggle with Davis and upon further investigation, ie. notifying Andrew who was showering that he better get in here, we concluded that this was a rather large bobcat enjoying the shade above our outdoor fireplace. I snapped some pics while standing inside. He quickly moved off after Andrew made his presence known. I always pictured myself running outside waving a golf club in my threatening ways but I have to say, I was quite impressed with his presence. Beautiful creature but we hope he finds his shade somewhere else next time. If you're familiar with these creatures you'll recognize that he is on the rather large size. Curious as to what he's been eating.




bye-bye bobcat

1 comment:

  1. 1) What is a javelina
    2) That is quite on outdoor fireplace

    ReplyDelete