Tuesday, February 15, 2011

New Orleans

In preparation for Davis inaugural trip to New Orleans, my birthplace, I read Goodnight Nola to him for weeks. I quickly memorized this and began reciting this before naps and bedtime. Needless to say, I think he was ready. We had a wonderful visit with Tim and Jean (Gran and Granmother). We celebrated Christmas in February with the Medleys and I earned some continuing education credit at a conference. Going back home is always special for us. We tried to soak it all in, experiencing it in new way with Baby Davis. He had such a time with his grandparents who babysat full time while I was in class. His favorite activity was watching the streetcar and traffic on Lee Circle and showing off how mobile he really is. He was able to eat some rice at Mandina's, visit Uncle Randy at Cafe Du Monde and godmother Laurel, and listen to street music in the French Quarter. We also had some fun introducing him to some family and friends although we regret our short visit (and sleepless nights) as we did not get to visit with all we would have liked to. I guess we'll be due back very soon.
Waiting for the streetcar on Lee Circle


Showing off my cruising skills

Meeting Uncle Randy at Cafe Du Monde

Catching a ride with Gran

Watching the streetcar with Dad

Grandmother and Gran 

Good time with Grandmother

Priceless expression


Strolling through the Quarter with Carlyle and Isabel

Good night to the street cars with rides that are breezy
Good night to the city we call the Big Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment